Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Fixing up old houses sounds like fun, but so does finding one you like and staying for a spell. I guess the idea of roots is old stuff, especially in a culture so devoid of them. Americans are like succulents. Shallow roots, living on the surface...


I'm not from St. Louis, though I was stranded there once. I'm originally from Europe, by way of my great-grandparents who migrated here more than 100 years ago. I grew up at the Comstock a generation ago when life was simple and people still believed what you said to them. Keep the faith.
We get about 130 hits in a week. That's good numbers. I attribute this to the fact that we're now on Yahoo, Bigfoot, Hot Bot and Alta Vista. We're also on a couple of Euro searches under Lar-Len, USA, cowboys, Americana, legends... all the stuff them European types really go for. I guess they're just too reserved to write us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peggi Meyer Graminski said...

Hey, which one of you guys was stranded in The Lou? Did you get to see the sites? (I was stranded there for eight years when I was little =) lol

11:28 AM  
Blogger Leonard Sadorf said...

My Volkswgen bus broke down in front of Chuck Berry's house there in 1991. I spent the day at a Fina gas station. Nope, no sights. All the other times were just drive-throughs.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

photoblogring | random
hit counters
Super 8 Hotels